The providers at Platte River Medical Clinic are focused on care for the entire family. Building a relationship with our providers will contribute to the health and well-being of the whole family. The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends your child is seen once a year starting at 4 years old to ensure proper growth and development.
You can also schedule appointments when your child is not feeling well or if you have questions about their health between their well child checks.
Well Child Check Schedules
|4 Years||7 Years|
|5 Years||8 Years|
|6 Years||9 Years|
What to Expect During a Well Child Check
The well child exams for children aged 4 to 9 years typically take 15 minutes. This exam includes checking their weight, height, and calculating their body mass index. You’ll discuss eating, bathroom habits, sleeping, and any questions you may have. A physical exam will include vision and hearing tests as well as checking blood pressure. The exam will also include listening to their heart and lungs, and observing motor skills. Your provider will also check for developmental milestones that are dependent on age. These can include, but are not limited to:
- 4 years Hopping on one foot, identifying some colors and numbers, and enjoying playing with other children
- 5 years Knowing their address and phone number, skipping, dressing themselves, and telling stories using full sentences
- 6 years Tying their shoes, starting to read, and writing their first and last name
- 7 and 8 years Knowing the difference between right and wrong, having a longer attention span, and problem solving in a more organized way
- 9 years Beginning to take on chores, handling difficult tasks in school like a book report, and beginning to show signs of puberty
Your child will also receive immunizations if they are due. We can sign the necessary paperwork for sports physicals as well.
Why are Well Child Checks Important?
It is important to monitor your child’s growth and development regularly so you can rest assured that they are healthy. It is also a great time to ask any questions you may have. Building a relationship with your child’s provider will help with their physical, mental, and social health, according to HealthyChildren.org.
Schedule a Well Child Check Today
Platte River Medical Clinic in Brighton, Colo., has same-day and next-day availability. Click here to schedule online or call 303-659-7600 to schedule with our staff.
View Our Other Well Child Check Schedules
Click on the buttons below to view the schedules for other age groups.
Platte River Medical Clinic is a patient-centered medical home. This model of care emphasizes the coordination of care between you, your child, and your primary care provider. You and your child will receive the right care at the right time. Use the patient portal to email you and/or your child’s provider directly and get your test results quickly.