To Our Patients and Community Members,
The providers at Platte River Medical Clinic feel it is important to ensure that you have accurate and reliable information regarding the coronavirus (COVID-19) and how it relates to our patient population. Obviously, due to the number of vulnerable patients we see daily, we take any illness from influenza to, now, coronavirus very seriously. Keep in mind:
- We are currently offering Virtual Visits, which are especially helpful to those of you who are at higher risk of contracting the virus. If you are interested in scheduling a virtual visit, call 303-659-7600.
- We are working hard to get our patients’ prescription refills as requested, but please be patient as we are experiencing a high volume of requests.
The CDC has put forth recommendations on ways to help avoid contracting and/or spreading these viruses.
- Most importantly, routinely practicing good hand washing tops the list.
- Should you not have access to soap and water, substituting with hand sanitizer is acceptable.
- Unless you are in direct contact or caring for someone suspected to be infected with COVID-19, there is no need to wear personal protective gear such as a mask; please avoid buying these so that our healthcare providers have access to them when caring for these patients.
- We would also recommend avoiding travel to Level 4 restricted areas such as China and Italy at this time.
For the safety and health of all of our patients, if you are feeling ill with a cough, fever, shortness of breath, flu-like symptoms, etc please do not come to the office for routine visits. Please call us at 303-659-7600 and we will help guide you through our recommendations. When calling, please let us know if you have traveled recently outside of the country or have had suspected exposure to any persons with the coronavirus.
The incidence of coronavirus is still low and oftentimes, symptoms are mild among those diagnosed. Again, good hand washing goes a long way. We are here to answer your questions and help you stay healthy!
Also, check out these helpful websites: